FCCE FUNERAL PROTOCOL
Effective November 2020
In light of ongoing Public Health recommendations and concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic, we plan to abide by the following:
1. Attendance at Funerals and Memorials held in the church will be limited to the immediate family. Social distancing and masks will be required. At no time will attendance exceed Public Health recommended numbers. “Family” means: parents, siblings, step-parents, step-siblings, grandchildren, grandparents (including great grandparents).
2. We will offer livestreaming of the services to families who want a remote connection option.
3. We will offer graveside services for the interment of remains. Social distancing and masks will be required.
4. Meals will not be offered. Use of the Fellowship Hall (or other areas in the building) for meals catered by others will not be offered.
5. Pastors and other staff will always have the option to decline participation in a particular service.
6. The opportunity for more robust Memorial Services at a later date will be offered when Public Health recommendations permit.
7. These provisions apply to any guest officiants or others who may provide services in FCCE.